You're currently on:
ENJOY, AN URBAN GENERAL STORE - Chicago, IL
Do you like giving gifts as much as receiving them? Are you a gift wrapping ninja? Do you love dealing with people? Then we might have a job for you! Currently we are seeking applicants for the following positions:
Bustling Lincoln Square Gift Store is seeking an experienced sales associate on a part-time basis. We are looking for individuals with a strong retail background of offering exceptional customer service and building relationships with customers (and their children!).
Must be available to work Saturday and Sunday. Enthusiasm is a must! The right candidate will be self motivated, goal-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and have excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for smart, fun, unflappable people who enjoy working in a friendly and fast-paced environment as part of a small retail team.
- providing friendly and attentive customer service
- ringing up purchases in POS
- receiving and pricing merchandise and re-stocking store inventory
- gift wrapping
- merchandising and maintaining store tidiness
We are seeking an employee who is a self-starter, able to work well with others, follow procedures and will go out of their way to ensure that the customer is satisfied. To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "SALES ASSOCIATE" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We are a bustling Lincoln Square Gift Store. We feature fun, functional and funky products for all ages. We are an Urban General Store™ with an ever-changing selection of over 10,000 items. We are open 7 days a week.
To achieve a store environment that fosters creativity and inspiration for the customers and the employees of ENJOY. To provide leadership, training and motivation to the employees. To ultimately increase sales through superior customer service, strengthening of the brand and education of the employees.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
DAILY STORE OPERATIONS
- Provide excellent customer service. Assist and advise customers.
- Demonstrate strong selling skills by working with customers on the sales floor.
- Become knowledgeable about products and establish relationships with vendors and reps in order to assist customers and educate staff.
- Develop creative selling and merchandising techniques.
Merchandising and Maintenance
- Work with owner and employees to merchandise, reset and maintain the store.
- Maintain and organize stockroom and sales floor.
- Establish maintenance schedule.
Staffing and Leadership
- Train, develop and coach a productive store team.
- Set goals for employees and provide constructive feedback.
- Set standard of excellent customer service on selling floor.
- Coordinate effective communication with the employees and owner.
- Provide strong leadership by creating a positive work environment.
- Inspire, motivate and encourage teamwork.
- Oversee all levels of customer service.
- Supervise and schedule staff of up to 8.
- Work with owner to maintain inventory levels. This will include weekly reordering responsibilities.
- Work with employees to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention.
- Track and receive merchandise.
- Track and prepare merchandise for warehouse transfer.
- Oversee delegation of defective merchandise procedure.
- Manage special order processing.
- Meet weekly with owner to analyze selling reports, establish necessary orders, go over staffing issues, and set sales goals.
- Establish procedures and implement programs, such as new vendor incentive program, order tracking.
- Perform administrative duties such as bookkeeping.
- 5 years of retail experience and 3 years of management experience.
- Weekend availability.
- Ability to problem solve and suggest/make improvements in a positive way.
The right candidate will be self motivated, goal-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and have excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for smart, fun, unflappable people who enjoy working in a friendly and fast-paced environment as part of a small retail team.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Urban General Store, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Urban General Store, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urban General Store, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Urban General Store, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.